Monday 26 May 2014

Freezer Meals: Teriyaki Chicken

The second meal to come out of my freezer and into my slow cooker was teriyaki chicken.
Ingredients
Medium - large bag of carrots
Red onion cut into large chunks
2 large cans pineapple (undrained)
4 garlic cloves
4 chicken breasts (or eight chicken thighs)
1 cup teriyaki sauce
Split between 2 bags, seal, mix, lay flat, freeze
Directions for bags:
Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce to pot. Cook low 6-7 hours. Serve over hot rice.
 It was super easy to throw everything in the bag, like easier than the other ones. The only part that took any time was the carrots. I wasn't sure from the recipe what to do with them, so I julienne'd them through my mandoline. The original recipe called for chicken breasts, but my grocery store was absurdly out of chicken breasts, so I substituted chicken thighs, and left them whole.



The pineapple tasted absurd, because it soaked in the sauce flavour, but the carrots and chicken were delicious, and the sauce was amazing on rice. Hubby and I just pushed all the pineapple to the side and enjoyed the rest.


I'm definitely excited for the second bag in the freezer, although I'll have to try cooking my rice in my slow cooker, because I kind of hate how long it takes rice to cook.

(Oh, also, I made sure to buy gluten-free teriyaki sauce, because most isn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment