Wednesday 21 May 2014

Freezer Meals - Italian Sausage and Peppers

The first meal from my freezer cooking that I made was Sausage & Peppers.
Ingredients:
6 Italian Sausages
2 Green Peppers
1 Red Pepper
1 Red Onion
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Cand Italian Diced Tomatoes
2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
Split between two bags, seal, mix, lay flat, freeze
Directions for bags:
Add drizzle of olive oil, cook on low 6 hours, serve over hot noodles or fresh french bread with mozzarella cheese.
Just looks like veggies to me!

So I actually put 4 sausages in each bag, and one thing I'm wishing I'd done differently is the sausage. Without directions, I just put whole sausages in, and I'm wishing I'd sliced them. If they were sliced, it would have been very much like a jambalaya, and I love those.

I also didn't like how much liquid was in the pot, but I didn't add any liquid, so there's not much I can do about that. Just cook it with the lid off, or use a slotted spoon.

After I stirred the pot
 I served it over pasta with a sausage on the side, ixnay on the cheese. For the next bag, I'll slice up the sausage, and make sure I have some DF cheese on hand. And maybe mix it with the pasta in a big bowl before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment