Wednesday 11 December 2013

Main & Thatcher Boston Pizza

I've reiterated this a few times, but I'm a creature of habit. Once I find something I like, I stick to it. I love trying new things, but I like safe, familiar things even more. As such, there are a few restaurants that I eat at much more often than anywhere else. Boston Pizza on Main & Thatcher is one of those. Maybe because I know people who work there, maybe because they've treated me so well, but either way, it's always the first place I mention when someone asks where I want to eat.

I've hesitated to write a review because I recognize that I'm very biased. I've heard from other gluten-free people that they're aren't so accommodating, but I find them amazing. They do have a gluten-wise menu that you can ask for, but I typically just order off the regular menu and make adjustments. I don't order the same way at other Boston Pizza locations, but the staff at this one know my husband and I. Over the past few months, I have ordered some pretty crazy things. I often pay an extra dollar or so for a substitution, but I don't mind.


I've ordered almost everything I used to eat, with slight changes, but there was one dish I was missing like crazy. I used to love the Spinach and Artichoke Dip, but it comes with bread. I can't exactly order a dish of hot cheese dip on it's own, so I would stare at it on the menu and sigh, and then order something else. Recently, I came up with a solution! I can eat their taco chips!

I felt a little bit weird ordering, but I didn't care once my food came. It looked so delicious, and it did not disappoint.


So, I guess my summary would be that this location is helpful, accommodating, friendly and delicious. They are also very careful about contamination - as much as they can be in a shared kitchen. I would recommend, whether or not you're gluten-free. 

Boston Pizza Main & Thatcher on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment