Friday 6 December 2013

Leyda's in Saskatoon

There is a 100% gluten-free and nut-free restaurant in Saskatoon called Leyda's. I've been wanting to go for months, but I always end up trying on Sundays, and they are closed Sundays! Finally, this past Saturday, Banana and I found a chance to go!



It has a very clean, bright atmosphere, with several tables and a bar seating. They have an amazing-looking pizza oven, and I'm sure their pizza is heavenly, but I didn't even consider. I have been on a serious burger kick lately. And by that, I mean all I want to eat is burgers. All the time, every day. I don't know why. I'm sure it has something to do with hardly ever eating burgers and the fact it's pretty hard to find one I can eat.

Leyda's doesn't have a full-size burger, but they had sliders! Which sounded even better to me, and apparently Banana. We ordered the same thing.

We each got two mini burgers, some yam fries and the chef's daily salad (yay mystery food), which was a fresh greens and quinoa salad tossed in a delicious oily dresssing.

This was officially the first time I've ever had quinoa. I don't know if the stuff I consumed was locally grown, so I felt a little conflicted about it, but when it's what's served to you, you just eat it. Not eating it isn't going to make a difference at that point.

There was also a little dish with ketchup and an ailioi sauce, which I can't remember specifically what it was, but it was really good with the fries!


We also split a lemon tarte. I don't usually eat dessert after dinner, but I caved. Let me just say, I do not regret that decision. Not one teeny tiny bit!


It was definitely big enough to share, but it's also a perfect size for a coffee & pie stop. Every detail about this slice of pie was perfection. The tart lemon curd, the tender, flaky crust, the fresh whipped cream, the pomegranate, and the slice of strawberry... Mmm...

The whole meal and experience was amazing. The prices are a little high, but nothing too crazy. The staff is friendly. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is nut-free, and/or gluten-free!

Leyda's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment