Saturday 21 December 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag!

And now for something completely different!

I'm pretty good at staying off-topic, but this one is way out there. I have a love of makeup. Lately, I've been looking for and trying out gluten-free makeup, but sometimes I don't bother. It's bad, I know the risks. I mean, I use gluten-free shampoo! You'd think I would use gluten-free lipstick...

Anyways, I found this website and fell in love. Ipsy (aff link) is a makeup subscription service, dreamed up by Michelle Phan. You fill out a quick questionnaire, and then once a month, Ipsy sends you a little makeup clutch with 4-6 full-size products, for only $14.95/month! It's $10/month for Americans, but us Canadians have to add $4.95 shipping. Which I'm still okay with! This month, I got five products, which averages each product at $3! Plus I got a makeup clutch.


I'm a huge fan of getting mail. Opening my mail box to find anything that's not a bill is a great feeling. When I opened my mail box to find a hot pink bubble wrap envelope, I got so excited. It's all about presentation.


Inside of the envelope is a little clutch with all the makeup in it. I was so excited I could barely wait long enough to take a picture.


Inside, I found five items, personalized for me.

The first item was NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Hermes. It's a splendid lipstick, it goes on extra creamy (real shocker there) and I love the shade. It's a dark nude, and I really like how it looks on me.

Next up, is POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare. It's a very smooth eyeshadow. I would almost call it creamy, but it's not a cream eyeshadow. I'm also a fan of the palette. It is a very natural look. Paired with the lipstick, it makes a light, "no-makeup" kind of look. You know, they "I just spent half an hour trying to look like I didn't spend any time doing my makeup" kind of look. Haha. I joke, but I'm also a fan of it.

The item I was most excited about was the Mirabella Eye Blender Brush. I'm in love with makeup brushes, so I was excited to see a brush in here, especially a shape I didn't already have! It's very soft, and blends well.

There's also Nicka K New York Nail Color in Classic Taupe. Lately, I've really fallen for nude nail polish, so I'm excited to try this. Unfortunately, my nails are currently glittered, and you know how hard that is to take off. So this will have to wait.

The last item in there is Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Flustered. I've actually read about these guys before, and I almost bought one last month (but Christmas presents took precedence). You can use it on your lips, eyes or cheeks. I tend to buy cosmetics based on their names. If I find two nail polishes, and one is called Brown and the other is Nailed It, you can bet which one I'll buy. I think the name for this one is very fitting. I tend to be flustered a lot. Also, a blush called Flustered? Hello, my life! Haha. I'm excited to give this one a try.

So if you want to receive a package of high-quality cosmetics once a month for hardly any money, check out Ipsy. Also, if you follow that link and subscribe, I get points towards extra items! 

Thanks for the love, and enjoy your holidays! (And make sure you are all glammed up for them!)

((And yes, I took these pictures on my kitchen floor. Between all the baking and the wrapping presents, it's the only clean space left. I can't wait for the holidays to be over and to get my house back under control!))

No comments:

Post a Comment