Sunday 22 September 2013

Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer

So, you know that I've been on a serious coffee kick lately, right? Like, three weeks ago I had never had a cup, and now I can't make it through morning without one.

Well, I'm also trying really hard to embrace fall this year. Normally I pretend it's summer until the day it snows, and then I count down the days to the next summer. This year, I'm trying to find things to love about every season.

Also, one of my favourite blogs, Pintester is having a Pintester movement, so I decided to make this for the purpose of submitting. I realize this is the very last day to submit, but I've been tired and busy.

So in honour of those three things, I made a dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo pumpkin pie coffee creamer. Aren't I fancy?

I found it here, but of course this wouldn't be a real Pintester post if I made it that exact way, so I substituted something. I couldn't find any pumpkin pie spice! I don't know why, when my grocery store is already selling Christmas lights, but I couldn't. So instead I threw in undetermined amounts of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.


So there's everything I used. That container of white stuff is coconut milk. I opened the can yesterday to try a few spoonfuls in my coffee. You can also tell I like No Name stuff. Hey, it's cheap.


So I threw everything in my blender, including the spices I didn't picture before.


And then I hit go. I didn't really expect it to be this colour, but hey, that's cool.


I threw it back in the container that had had the coconut milk, because I am very against dirty dishes.


And bam. It was super easy to whip together, and I feel good about all the ingredients. I tasted a spoonful of the stuff, and ohmygoditwasamazing! It tasted like thick, creamy, pumpkin pie. I could have eaten the whole container with a spoon. Honestly, I liked it better before I put it in my coffee. It did taste like pumpkin pie, and I didn't need to add sugar, but I just didn't like how my pumpkin pie stuff started tasting like coffee.

A normal coffee drinker would probably love it.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing. I wonder what else you could use the pumpkin mix for?.....hmmmmmmmm

    I like how this recipe is all natural. Another one I found calls for using vanilla syrup. I may have to switch over to this one.

    Have a fabulous day

    Cherin // masterfullyme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things I used weren't exactly "all natural" but you could easily use a natural honey and a better vanilla. :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool! And neat that you made it healthier, too! I love my PSLs, but with recent dietary restrictions I can't quite make it work the way it is. I'll have to try this!

    I pin-tested a recipe, too! Most people did crafts, it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recipes are the way to go. I'm all about baking, when I have time.

      I can hardly tell this is dairy free, you should for sure try it out

      Delete
  3. Yum! Wonder if that would cure a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte addiction... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't tell you, since I hate Starbucks, but there's only one way to find out!

      Delete
  4. I just my first pumpkin themed coffee product of the season yesterday...this recipe could come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I used to make a pumpkin dip that was similar (sorry I know nothing about paleo)-- it was canned pumpkin, a little bit of brown sugar or honey, a large hunk of cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice. That's definitely dairy-filled, but it sounds like your version has a good sub with the cocoanut. I served it with gingersnaps and bite size grahams, and apple and pear slices... Point being, I bet you could thinly slice a crisp apple and dip away, and just drink your coffee, I bet it'd be yummerz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm! That sounds delicious. I'm definitely trying that now!

      Delete
  6. Yummm!!! I love pumpkin flavored everything and this sounds amazingg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also new to coffee...and I must confess I love Starbuck's Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte (or whatever it's called). I want to try this... but even before this... what is your advice for making coffee at home? I would love to be able to make a single cup... and without a huge machine that I have to store. My cousin's husband had a thing that made it on the stove... but he said he got it in Africa (or Europe) or somewhere. So... what can I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness! I don't know. I know a french press can make smaller amounts of coffee, and is higher quality.

      After I started drinking coffee, my husband went out and surprised me with a coffee maker, the big kind that you have to store, that makes more than one cup at a time. It's not ideal, but it was one of the cheaper options, and then I just have a cup in the morning, and take a travel mug to work. It works out well.

      I'm no coffee expert, and I honestly haven't really looked into my coffee options (I'm buying grounds, because I have no idea about grinding beans).

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely intrigued by this. In general, I really like pumpkin-flavored stuff. However, I find Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte to be revolting. Perhaps this creamer would be a better option ...

    ReplyDelete