Friday 10 May 2013

Day 78: The Great Gatsby.

Today was one of those days where I didn't go home much at all. I went from work to the gym, and then straight to the movie theatre after that. I don't mind much though, because I got to see The Great Gatsby and get my workout in, because I slept in this morning. And the movie was amazing. I had high hopes, which meant in the back of my head, I was preparing for disappointment. I dearly loved the book, but it has been some time since I read it. From what I remember, they stuck really well to the book, but like I said, it's been a few years, so it's not like I fact-checked every single detail. I think they did the book justice, they got the point across, and it was a visually stunning movie. So even if you recently read it, and you're all nit-picking the things they almost certainly got wrong, I don't care. The other major thing with book-to-movies is that people have imagined this world, and then they're shown what someone else imagined, and they don't like it. Okay, so maybe I pictured Nick a little differently, or I had a different image of his cottage. Oh well. The main thing is, they just showed everyone who didn't read the book this amazing world that has been dancing in my head. They brought it to life in the best way. Every major point, every important school of thought was made. The book was one of those books that makes a point, that shows people something they weren't thinking about, and for me, the movie did that too.

And that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment