Thursday 25 April 2013

Day 63: Humpty's

I feel like I've been eating out a ton lately. I don't think it's been more than once a week, which is actually less than I used to eat out, but more than I planned to, or than I did at the beginning. Also, eating out is such an ordeal now.

We went to Boston Pizza actually, but we mistimed it and went at dinner time so it was pretty busy. Instead of bothering to wait, we crossed the road and went to Humpty's. My husband has actually never been to Humpty's, but he always pictures Denny's when I mention it, so he never wants to go. But I got him to go, and then he realized he had never been, and was amazed at how many things looked good on the menu.

I tried to Google gluten-free Humpty's options, but I couldn't seem to find anything, so I just asked the waitress when she came by. She said the fritters were gluten-free. I always get confused about the many potato options, so those are the ones that are little potato chunks shoved together in a cylindrical shape.

I asked a million questions, and changed my mind several times, and ended up getting a Popeye omelette. Spinach, mushrooms, tomato and swiss. It was pretty good. Certainly not the most amazing breakfast in my life, but it was enjoyable. It came with toast too, which I had put on the side and Hubby-Darling ate it. Not that he minded.

The thing with breakfast is that eggs and most egg dishes are safe, but most of the extras are not. Ham, fritters, toast, wraps, pancakes and croissants are all (usually) a no-go. So if I stick to a plain and simple breakfast, I'm probably safe. I just have to stick with boring.

So the verdict on Humpty's is: It was breakfast. I couldn't find any non-breakfast options, so I'm pretty well stuck to eggs there. I will go if other people want to go, because I can eat something, but I won't be going out of my way to eat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment