Wednesday 17 April 2013

Day 55: Cactus Cut Nachos?

Yesterday was a friend's birthday. She worked until ten though, so we went out pretty late (I've been going to bed at ten lately...), and then there were only three of us. It was fun though, just to have a girl's night. I know I recently went out with two other girls, but that was a whole day trip, not just going to a bar, having a few drinks (or rather, watching them have a few drinks) and chatting. I'm still not drinking. I know certain alcohols have gluten, and I know others are safe. People keep telling me the safe ones, but then certain mixers aren't safe... I'm still working out what I can and can't eat, I don't want to freak out about drinks too. Also, I really only drank before when other people were drinking. It wasn't detrimental to me, and I don't really mind drinking a soda and watching my friends get tipsy. It's no different than munching on my rice cakes and watching my friends enjoy nachos, or pizza, or what-have-you. Plus, then I can drive home.

Anyways. So we went to Boston Pizza, and I had some cactus cut nachos. I haven't had them in FOREVER, but I figured the potatoes would be safer than the nacho chips. I didn't google them, to see if they actually were, I just checked everything that came on top of them, and ordered. I was maybe feeling a little wreckless. One of the girls ordered wings, which I might have been able to eat, so I ate one, again without googling it. Dangerous. The other girl ordered breaded chicken bites with teriyaki on top of crunchy asian noodles. I looked and admired.

I actually felt fine today, so everything I ate was fine. Well, I felt a little off, but more in recovery from the miso soup yesterday, than a brand new sick. I maybe should google those nachos and wings now, just to see, but I don't want to. I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment