Saturday 13 April 2013

Day 51: Babies

So... I have another confession. I have a guilty pleasure. It's buying baby clothes.

I don't have a baby, I am not pregnant, and none of my close friends or family members have a baby. I mean sure, I have friends with babies, but not close enough to buy them clothes.

So I have a pink Rubbermaid tote set aside for "Planning for baby". So far, I only have baby clothes, but I plan on picking up some bibs and socks. Unisex things that don't go bad, out of style, or warp.

Alright, so you get it if I explain I'm just planning ahead; spending money on expensive things before we need them and have no money? It actually makes a lot of sense.

There was a Multiples sale today in town. Basically, moms gather all the stuff they want to sell, price it, set it up, help sell it, and then get some money. Like a giant joint garage sale dedicated to babies and baby stuff.

I somehow managed to convince my husband to go with me (I think he went with me because he knew he could control my spending a little better if he was there), so the two of us got up this morning and went baby clothes shopping! Which really meant that I explained at least six times to people I knew that I am not pregnant, nor planning to be. Once I said I was just thinking ahead, they all got it, they all have babies. But yeah. I'm not pregnant. I don't plan to be until I get a handle on this celiac thing. Feeling nauseous and having cravings is not conducive to pregnancy. Oh, wait...

I only bought half a dozen outfits, and they were mostly green or yellow onesies. It was a lot of fun looking at all the tiny socks, itty bitty shoes, adorable little dresses... I might have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment